Sunday 8 August 2010

Alahai Adik Aku...

This time round I'd like to write about my brother, Mamud. Actually, I've been wanting to write about him for a long time, but don't know how to put it in words.

I gave him a chance to move to the room downstairs as it's much bigger than his room upstairs. He agreed and he finally moved into his room last week. I bought him a nice double bed for his room but it was a bit big and took about 1/2 of the room. Actually there should be enough space for him to put his stuff but...

How could I say this... The problem is that he wanted to put in two big wardrobes in there...sigh. I told him to lose one closet, but he wanted to put in all his stuff in there. Actually his stuff is not that many but when you count all my late brother's belonging as well, it became quite a lot...sigh

It's kind of sad actually because I think Mamud has not moved on. He insisted on keeping all Ayang's stuff, all his shirts even. When I came back in 2008, I managed to give away a few of Ayang's clothes, otherwise everything's basically intact. Mamud decided to keep them all for himself...sigh

Both of them were not that close when Ayang was alive and maybe this is a way for Mamud to be close to Ayang's memory. I don't know. So back to the problem at hand, his room now resemble a storeroom...hehehe. But he finally agreed to let go of one closet, only to put in a smaller one inside. And there were a lot of his stuff still in the living room! My living room is now a big store room!

Everything's so messy...sigh. And the best thing is my contena from Sudan is coming this Tuesday. Even though there's only about 30 odd boxes, but it's still 30 too many. That's another thing, on Friday I got a call from Subalipak apologising that they could not send my boxes on that day, they will only arrive on Saturday. I panicked and told them that I didn't even know that the boxes are arriving that soon. Then we decided to have the boxes delivered on Tuesday...sigh. The day before Ramadhan... I could feel a headache coming on...sigh...

So, I'll write more when the boxes arrive. Now, I have one day to clear all this mess first! Au revoir!


2 comments:

Mikaela H B said...

ramadan karim!

Anonymous said...

salam ramadhan :)