Monday 9 June 2008

3 more days to Paris...

Yes, we are going to Paris in another 3 days. Everyone is so looking forward to it. We have even started sleeping earlier, the kids especially. Today, they are supposed to sleep at 9 pm. Knowing my kids, it's practically impossible but because they were so excited, they were asleep by 10. Not too bad for the first night...

We planned the trip because we came to Khartoum at a bad time, the schools were closing for the summer holidays and they have to wait until August to start their schooling again. And the fact that most Malaysian families went back to Malaysia in May, to enjoy their holidays...they have no friends... Pity the kids, to have me as company for 5 solid months.

At first we wanted to go somewhere nearer, the most likely was Egypt. But after realising that we are just going to swap one hot country for another, we decided somewhere in Europe would be better. I wanted to go to Spain but I don't think my kids would enjoy all those beautiful sights. We ended up with Paris because they have Eurodisney and they are currently in the midst of their 15th anniversary celebration, and kids under 7 could stay and play free...Yippee...

After two weeks of intense netsurfing, we decided to stay in Val D'europe for the whole duration. Instead of spending a lot of money for an apartment in Paris, we'll use that money to commute. I agree with my friend Nora that the French is a bunch of stuck up people, they think they're better than other people. I've been there twice actually (during my student days), but I could not forget the beauty of the city. It's the essence of Europe actually, and I remembered the street performers...they were so wonderful.

Aliah had seen my photos in Eurodisney and she was quite jealous actually. I think Aliah and Hadi would appreciate the experience. My husband had been to Paris too, but it was when he was as small as Amir. This will be an experience for him too...Anyway, I hope we would have a wonderful time.

I would like to go to the top of Eiffel Tower because believe it or not, I've never been to the top. There is a story behind this actually... When I was a student, my friend, Azhar and I actually climbed the stairs of the Eiffel Tower (stupid huh?), but it was on a dare and a way to save money...hehehe...We thought that on the second tier, we could buy a ticket for the lift to the top. We were very unlucky because on that particular day, the lift decided to have some technical problems and we could not buy tickets to go to the top. The climb of hundreds of stairs was horrible, we nearly vomitted for the sheer vertigo and the tiredness...oh the tiredness...I could still remember the disbelief when we realised that we were not going to the top of the Eiffel Tower...the horror...Now, I could remember with some amusement the journey down, how dejected we were...heheh

I couldn't wait to go to Paris, again. I want to walk on the cobbled streets, and sit at the sidewalk cafes and look at how well dressed the Parisians are...We are going on Friday morning, the flight is at 5.45 am from Khartoum to Cairo (3 hours journey) and 11.30 am from Cairo to Paris. We will be arriving in Paris at 3.30 pm, Friday. I hope everything goes well, insyaallah.


No comments: