Monday 22 December 2008

A trip to the east coast : the journey...

On the 6th of December, the whole family went to the east coast of Malaysia to celebrate Eid-ul-Adha with my husband's relatives. At first, I was a bit skeptical because of all the reports of heavy rain and flooding throughout Kelantan, Trengganu and Pahang. But the day arrived and we decided to risk it. We started our journey about 7 am, early enough that the kids were still sleeping and still in their pyjamas before they were bundled in the car...hehehe...

We had our breakfast in Raub, Pahang. The place was packed with fellow travellers, most probably heading to the same destination like us. We spent only about 30 minutes in Raub and continue our journey at 10.30 am.

Aliah and her tok and her cousin, Afiq

The next several hours were spent in the car, we only stopped to answer calls of 'nature'... hehehe... It was drizzling and there were so many cars on the road. I could hardly believe it when at several points in the journey, we had 'traffic jams' in the middle of nowhere!!! Well, it was actually on the way to gua musang. Traffic was sometimes crawling. At one point, Hadi really 'had to go' and we had to stop at the side of the road for him to relieve himself...hehehe...

A view from the car...

I was so bored when I was driving (my husband and the kids were sleeping peacefully...cheh!) that I had time snapping some pictures... I was amazed when out of nowhere I saw this beautiful blue house in the middle of the 'jungle'... It must be owned by some VIP or even a local politician?!!! Wallahualam...

This is the beautiful blue mansion...

On our way, I could also see a lot of houses submerged in water. Pity... how are they going to enjoy their 'raya' when they have to worry about their properties and such?

A picture of the flood...

Another amazing picture...

But, I was uplifted with the show of human spirit when I looked at the 'situation' above... The stall was still operational and there was one customer (who to my horror and amazement?!!!) was enjoying his meal with his legs resting on the chairs...hehehe... who says we have to be in an ideal situation to live our life?!!!

After Krai, we stopped to have a late lunch (it was 4.30 pm) at the New Horizon Restaurant. I didn't remember what the food tasted like, but I remembered the feeling of extreme hunger... My goodness, we finished everything within 30 minutes... Licin-licau... hehehe... If you don't believe me, look at the pictures...

We finished everything...

The proof that we were starving...

We arrived at our hotel around 5.30 pm... More than 10 hours on the road... I could go to Dubai and back in 10 hours...sigh...what to do... balik kampung punya pasal...sigh...

1 comment:

NINI said...

ina....seronok ye dpt balik kampung...nini miss gak masa2 tu tp dah berlalu lama dulu.last journey 2005.