Sunday 10 August 2008

Where do we live?

Where do we live? The answer is, "I don't really know". Puzzling isn't it? But, it's true. I don't know exactly where we are staying...it's somewhere near the Makkah Eye Centre...and that's the closest that I could get to our home address. I think, it's the culture of the region not to have the same concern about having an 'address' like we do. Probably, it's enough to know the landmarks surrounding your house.

But for me, not having an address is like not knowing where you are. If I were to be left in the middle of Khartoum, finding my way back would be close to impossible...hehehe, plus the fact that I'm very bad with my sense of directions. It also means that people couldn't write to me, so I'm only left with a 'virtual' address. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just irritating not to have an address of some kind. I'm sure they have a mail delivery system of some kind, I just haven't discovered that yet.

Another problem of not knowing your house address is the fact that you couldn't have a delivery of your favourite pizza for example, because what would you say when you call in? Plus the fact that we'll be fumbling with the use of English and Arabic to let the other person understand your order...hehehe...

Hopefully the problem will be solved when we move to the Petronas Complex. At least, we could use an address like this: Blok A-1-7, Petronas Complex, Khartoum, Sudan... I truly don't know, we'll see how it goes... But I do hope that we'll get a 'proper' address soon, just for my peace of mind...

No comments: