Tuesday 16 February 2010

Egypt : Nabi Yusof's watermills...

The only working watermill...

After eating, we went to see the remaining watermills of Nabi Yusof. Surprisingly it was in the middle of the town, I would have thought it was somewhere in a farm or something. There were four side by side, but only one was working. Unfortunately, when we were there, there was low tide so it was idle.

The sad thing was the fact that the other three watermills were full of rubbish, plastics especially. I was really disappointed because I felt that as part of history, they should have been better preserved. We're not talking about museum pieces here, they were still in good working order if fixed...sigh. But well, who am I to raise this matter. I was just a tourist.

But truly, it was a disappointing experience. I remembered thinking, 'is that it?!!'. But thinking back, Allah Maha Kuasa. During Nabi Yusof's time, Allah made the watermills worked perfectly without any motorised gadget and now He has taken the pleasure from us... wallahualam.


Taking pictures...

Hadi was the one interested in the watermill...

My kids...

Four watermills from Nabi Yusof's Era...

Sad, sad, sad...

The one still working...

Actually I was more interested in the 'stuff' sold across the road. Kak Faridah and I dragged Hairul over to the other side and started bargaining. The vendors were selling many rustic pieces, things made from hay and clay. I was thinking of my baggage space and refrained from buying any even though I was offered a bargain price. I could just imagine my husband rolling his eyes...muahahaha. Well, in this case, I agree that those pieces would be a champion dust gatherer! Hehehe...

Macam-macam ada...

'Stuff'...

Things made from clay...

Some are quite well-made...

Hairul bargaining...

No comments: