Tuesday 2 September 2008

The first day of Ramadhan

The first day of Ramadhan would always be special. Yesterday was my first Ramadhan in Khartoum. Even though my husband's away in Kuala Lumpur, it was special. It was Aliah's first day of fasting as well because last year she 'cheated' on her first day because she said drinking is not considered eating... yeah, right...

Anyway, the first day here is not too hot because there was a sandstorm the night before. It was quite a bad one it seemed, though we slept through it... hehehe... Only in the morning we saw that the corridor was full of sand and our shoes were all covered with red dust... Our driver, haithem met with an accident early in the morning, so the kids had to go in another van. It was also my first day 'not' sending Hadi to school. Normally I would go and carry his bag for him. He just wanted me to carry his bag so he could straight away play in the playground. So, I decided that enough is enough!

When Amir woke up, I went to the ground floor to complain about our tv reception... the sandstorm had done some damage to the satellite dish... Then, we went up in the lift... and I walked out without realising that I've left Amir in the lift. I could hear him crying and in panicked I went into the lift again... he was not there, so I assumed he went out on one of the floors. But instead of going up, it went down and I had to wait for a lady to get on and went out on the second floor before I reached the sixth floor... and he was there looking scared but there were a few workers there, trying to calm him down... I was so glad to see that he was okay...

I cooked a simple meal for the family but since we're in a Malaysian community, we had several 'extras'. K.Shidah gave karipap, Rozie gave kuih keria and Norima gave a fish dish. We had lychee drink to quench out thirst... hehehe... Aliah and Amir's favourite drink... Today, I have to crack my brain what to give my neighbours... something simple... am still thinking about it...

3 comments:

salmuhd said...

Happy Ramadhan!Afiq too has started fasting ..according to his own definition..he..he..he...sahur at 7 go to school, lunch as usual.Then go to sekolah agama. Back from seolah agama, it's his breaking of fast time..right in the car! he..he..he.. what to say, i think that is good enough at least for now. Thinking that before this, he begs for botol susu at the interval of two hours, believe me.
Blogging thing, i started by having my blog for students 2 years ago, guess what, i forgot my own password..hee..he..insyaallah will follow your step when i follow my hubby oversea next year...hem..

Ina said...

Dear Mie,

Afiq the imam? Hehehe... Anyway, why don't we start a family blog? Everyone can chip in, just to share with what's happening in our family... Halim's in Nigeria right? Mak Ngah's family in Singapore and so on... We can keep in touch that way... So, where are you going? I'm sure somewhere nice...sigh... never mind, we'll be able to visit hopefully...hehehe...

CubaTryTest said...

ya Allah kak ina....cmne leh lupa amir tuh....bahaya tol laa....aritu kate ade budak kene culik kan?....isshhh sib baik amir selamat....