Tuesday 30 September 2008

Takbir Hari Raya...Part 2

Some of you might ask about what did the ladies do? Why, cooking of course! We prepared the spread for the takbir group (each house prepared a simple dish or kueh) and at the same time, cooking for Eid!

The leftover spread...

It was a struggle for me because I had never cooked rendang or kuah kacang before. Since small, there's always various other individuals that would have the responsibility to cook for Eid. I was never roped in to cook simply because they knew that I was hopeless in the kitchen... hehehe

But here, I had to do it on my own... I googled the simplest recipe and managed to cook rendang and kuah kacang. The rendang was a disaster, but the kuah kacang was not bad... hehehe. But I could not have done it without the help of my husband, of course... I had to refrain from making any comments about his skill with the knife, lest I lose the only help I could get... hehehe... I think the pictures would help you to understand my predicament.

He was concentrating...

Did I mentioned that he was extremely shortsighted... hehehe

2 comments:

RozIlah Kamarudin said...

Your kitchen assistant tu nampak mcm pernah jumpa aje...

Ina said...

Dear Kak Olie,

Nama assistant tu Fasri Mohd Fadzli... kalo jumpa orang pakai spek mata tebal giler, mungkin dah jumpa... hehehe