Friday 5 September 2008

The first Ramadhan Bazaar...

I just got back from the first Ramadhan Bazaar, organised by Petronita. It is held every friday, and starts after asar, about 4.30. The food is prepared by Petronas staff or their wives. The location is at Laman Mesra, at the new Petronas Complex.

My verdict? A little bit disappointing, after all the hype about the bazaar. The selection is quite limited. I'll try and list the spread as accurately as I remembered it. They have the 'heavy' section with fried meehoon, sarawak laksa, nasi dagang, pasembur and curry laksa. The 'kueh' section is a little bit better with a variety of offering.

I had to hurry home to cook for the kids afterwards. I was expecting to see chicken rice on sale at the bazaar, but was disappointed. I hope the second bazaar is a little bit better because I still have a lot of coupons to spare...Take a look at the pictures below...

Quite a lot of Malaysians came down to support the bazaar...

Doing brisk business!

Waiting for customers...

2 comments:

salmuhd said...

Hi!I'm in university lab again, couldn't stop yawning and yawning! Marking test papers doesn't seem to help at all, thanks to your blog to keep me awake still..
you surely miss bazaar Ramadhan in Malaysia too..right? I hardly cook this Ramadhan except for dessert or grilled things which i can easily prepare and throw into microwave.. With this pregnancy, and extra responsibilities to fetch kids (Afiq and Khadijah anak kak Pah from school) etc, I succumb to exhaustion most of the time. Luckily, foods are plenty everywhere and are available as early as 3.15. the only thing is, whether or not I'm satisfied enough with the array of foods traders economically and stingily prepare for quick buck!Kak Pah anyway is just a few doors away, so we do exchange foods at times.
Start family blog? Good idea, but who's going to start? and how?...well, Alang's posting has been officially determined but we have yet to receive the letter. Ask me how i feel. Uncertain,anxious, etc there are so much things in my mind...

Ina said...

Dear Mie,

Congrats on the new pregnancy! When it's due? And where's Alang going to be posted? Somewhere nice I hope... heheh... It'll be good if you're going with him because you'll never know the phrase 'relying on each other' until you're away from Malaysia...
About the family blog, we can call it 'Syed Yusuf's family' or something... I'll try to find out how it's done, insyaallah...
And I truly do miss the ramadhan bazaars back home...sigh...