Thursday 4 September 2008

Home alone... with the kids

My husband is currently in Malaysia, participating in a professional course. So, I'm left to 'handle' the kids in Khartoum... Well, it was planned months in advance, but in view of my recent lost, I felt more alone than ever...sigh... We can only plan, Allah has the ultimate say...

The kids were really looking forward to it actually. Looking forward to what, you might ask? Looking forward to sleeping with me, no ayah to boss them around kind of thing...hehehe... Look at their pictures below...

This is the best part, sleeping together...

Look at how mischievous Amir looks...hehehe...

My husbands away for 10 days and I was dreading it actually. But Allah is indeed great, the kids keeps me so busy, I don't have a lot of time to mourn... Last night, when I was emailing a friend, I got suspicious when there was a lack of noise... Sure enough, Hadi and Amir tried to eat nutella it seemed, but most of it was on their pyjamas...sigh...

We had some scary episodes though. The first two nights, when we were about to go to sleep, we thought we heard someone knocking on the door, but when we checked, there was no one at the door. Aliah was so scared, she said it was creepy and blessed with a good and active 'imagination', I sort of scared myself too...hehehe... But on the second night, we found out what made the knocking sounds, it was our neighbour upstairs... he must have been decorating or rearranging his apartment upstairs...

We also had two sandstorms and a blackout to boot! We slept through both of the sandstorms, though... The blackout is a different matter... we were left with only one torch light and one emergency light (which is not charged...so, what good could it do?). Anyway, after about half an hour, the electricity was restored but it was a long half an hour... We still have about 4 days before my husband comes home... Wow, never thought of Khartoum as home before now! Well, whatever it is, Khartoum is definitely our home for now...

No comments: