Sunday 22 March 2009

Birthday Bash 2009...

Early in the morning, the kids woke up and they were happy to see all the cupcakes. Hadi was so excited looking at his 'turtle' cake. I felt glad that I took the time to make it...hehehe

I baked a proper choc. moist cake for Aliah. The students came to help us rearrange the furniture. We decided to put all the sofa and chairs outside, so the inside felt a bit spacious. Thank you Kak Zu for giving me the idea...hehehe. 

Around 12.45, Kak Halina asked about the nasi impit and I panicked! That was the only thing that I was supposed to prepare but I totally forgot about it! I scrambled to boil the nasi impit...hehehe... Kak Halina and Asmaa' helped to cook it in their houses too... I think Asmaa' panicked more than me...hehehe

While waiting for the nasi impit, I still had time to decorate Aliah's cake, while my husband busy grumbling about other things to be done...hehehe. Anyway, Kak Shidah came at 2.30 and panicked when she saw that we were still not ready. She panicked on my behalf...hehehe. I managed to have the nasi impit ready on time. To cool it fast, I put it in the freezer...hehehe

The first guests were Mazman and family and soon most of the Block A residents were here. Saufi, Nina and Army from Mitco also came. We had the nicest time chatting and eating...hehehe. Hadi was so proud of his 'turtle' cake, he brought it along for everyone to see. I felt so happy...hehehe. After that I asked him to share it with his friends. Amir took the turtle head...hehehe. Not long after that Hadi and Amir fell asleep, right until 6 pm! Convenient, huh!

Anyway, around 4 p.m, Block B residents started arriving, so we had to segregate, the ladies inside while the men stayed outside. The ladies had the better deal because I kept on replenishing the desert table. I was lucky because some of the guests came with a variety of deserts...hehehe. Finally I brought out the decorated cake and we had a cake cutting ceremony for Aliah. She was happy that she didn't have to share with Hadi because he was sleeping. She liked the cake because it was a bit girlish with pink flowers...sigh...

All in all, I felt that the party was a success. Plenty of food and of course plenty of friends to share it with. At the end of the day, I was satisfied that all the energy and time invested in the Birthday Bash paid off. Luckily, birthdays come once a year, so I have a full year to recuperate...hehehe. But, I still have Amir's birthday to plan in July...sigh... at least I'll be back in Malaysia, then. Just enjoy the pictures.
 
Aliah, Hadi, Amir, their previous ustazah and Nabila...

A happy Hadi...

Had to feed them first...

Hadi showed his turtle cake to practically everyone...hehehe

Amir was waiting to eat the turtle cake...

Some of Block A ladies enjoying their food...

Aliah's cake... my hands were shaky when I wrote their names...

My husband lighting the heart-shaped candles...

Aliah and some of her friends...ready to cut the cake...

The ladies having a good time...

Some of Block B ladies...

Men outside... right infront of the lift...hehehe

Kak Halina was licking her fingers...hehehe

They looked so intent in their 'discussions'...

At the end of the day...some of the guests...

Finally I would like to say thank you to Kak Halina, Kak Hanum, Kak Rehana, Asmaa', Najwa, Lisna for helping us making the birthday bash possible. Kak Halina of course cooked the soto and its condiments, Kak Hanum helped shredded the chickens, Kak Rehana made the fried onions while Asmaa' helped cooked the nasi impit and lend us her dining table. Lisna made the tiramisu and lend us her coffee table while Najwa gave us the use of her front passageway...hehehe... Thank you friends from the bottom of my heart...

1 comment:

Fasri said...

it is also the day that we thrashed Man U 4-1 at their own turf... oh yeah!!