Thursday 19 March 2009

The longest day...

I felt that friday, the 13th of March was one of the longest day in my life...sigh... After the Family Day, I took some time to sleep...hehehe. After Asar, I started my pegedil project. Then, at night I started to bake the cupcakes for the next day Birthday Bash for Aliah and Hadi. 

Hadi was born 5th of March, while Aliah 5th of April. So, it make sense to have it sometime in the middle... save cost and energy...hehehe. We invited both blocks, so it was kinda a big event. We already asked the Acheh students to cook Nasi minyak and Kak Halina to cook soto. My job's to prepare cakes. 

And since I bought so many kinds of cake decorations from Malaysia, it's only fair to use it...hehehe. Anyway, at first I used the ready made frosting from betty crocker. When it's finished, I tried making my own using Najwa's butter cream recipe. It was even better than the ready made frosting, I tell you...hehehe, am so happy with the result.

But baking the cupcakes and decorating them took a lot of time. By 12 am, I only managed to decorate about half of the cupcakes...sigh... my husband tried helping but sadly he only managed to ruin my cupcakes...sob, sob. Anyway, I finally used the piping set that I bought from Najwa, yeay!

And since I was so excited, I tried making the 'turtle' cake that Hadi always wanted. Actually, I bought a couple of cake decorating books when I was in Malaysia. The kids were the ones who kept on looking at the pictures in the books and 'drooled' I supposed...hehehe. Hadi's favourite was of course the 'turtle' cake.

I remembered when  he first looked at the chocolate cake that we bought from Holiday Villa, he was quite dissappointed because it was not the 'turtle' cake...So, I made it for him...hehehe. I finished everything around 3 am...sigh... But I was instantly rewarded with Hadi's happiness when he saw the 'turtle' cake in the morning... hehehe... So, enjoy the pictures...
 
Made with ready made frosting...

Used my own frosting with ready made flowers from cake connection!

The 'turtle' cake!

Does it look similar? hehehe...yes!!!

2 comments:

Rohani said...

hepi birthday..aliah n hadi...semoga panjag umur dan murah rezeki..dan menjadi anak2 yg soleh n solehah...cantiknya kek..pandai mummy buat kek..macam turtle betul2...

just me said...

Wow! now you see, never underestimate your own talent.