Sunday 8 June 2008

Books...oh glorious books

As I mentioned earlier, I have lots of time on my hand. Luckily, I shipped at least 2 boxes of books. I went crazy in Kinokuniya, MPH , BookXcess and other book shops. Now, is the time for me to enjoy reading at leisure. For the first two months, I've read 20 odd books.

I'm not very particular about what I read. I have fantasy books, chick lit. books, classics etc. It doesn't matter what I read, as long as I enjoy it. So far, i've read Sophie Kinsella's novels (3), Judith Mcnaught, Charlotte Bronte, Roald Dahl, Sue Townsend etc.

One of the books that I like is P.s I Love You by Cecilia Ahern, it was surprisingly good. I've been avoiding reading that book because I thought it was overrated. I've also read Nora Roberts novels, it reminded me of my youth actually. All those romance novels that I used to read with my friends Anne and Nora in a boarding school. Those were the days, right girls. Reading with the help of the corridors light, under the bedsheet...hehehe...until the prefects switched off the light, that is...

Another author that I like is Sophie Kinsella's (her shopholic series), wonderfully funny and light reading. Sometimes, her antics with shopping really hit a spot. Before I came to Sudan (for the past 10 years actually), my reading consists of all fantasy books, David Eddings, Raymond E.Feist, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Terry Pratchett...etc.. I have to confess here that once I like an author, I'll read all his books. My husband is another fantasy reader, so we are like two peas in a pod actually.

Now, I've broaden my scope of reading, including all the chick lits as well (an aisle where I've always avoided before...hehehe). Thank God, for the foresight of buying all those books, if not, I'll be a wrecked right now. My only concern is that I'll run out of books before the year is out. Sigh... There is no international bookstore in Khartoum, they have loads of arabic books which I do not understand...sigh...never mind, I'll just take it one book at a time...Oh, how I love reading all those crispy, new books.

1 comment:

nora muhammad said...

ina... read lit novels la... hehehe try gabriel garcia marquez...or rushdie