Wednesday 4 June 2008

Hot, hot, hot....

It is so hot here...God only knows. We arrived on Saturday evening, so it was not too bad. Come Sunday morning, we were hit by the 'hotness' of everything. My husband was at work and we were trying to adapt living on our own. Early in the morning, the doorbell rang. When I answered the door, a small Sudanese woman was standing outside. I just let her enter as I do not speak arabic...Hehehe...She was to be my maid...I just let her run free. Do whatever she had to do and go. Well, since everybody knows how 'good' I am with housework, she is definitely a blessing. My husband forgot to tell me that we would get a daily maid.

To make things interesting for the kids, and since this is the first time that we are sleeping apart (in Malaysia, we all shared a room, here Aliah and Hadi are sleeping together)...I would give them a present everyday. Actually, the presents were 'old' toys as well as their birthday presents given by our family and friends. So, they would look forward to waking up every morning and get a toy each. I managed to prolong this tradition up to 3 weeks...

We came at the wrong moment as it were because the schools were about to close for the summer holidays. They would reopen in August. So my kids had to learn at home for the next 4 months. We have anticipated this 'vacuum' and were prepared with hundred of books (story books as well as exercise books). And thank God for Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. It has been 2 months since we came and we are adapting well. Aliah has 'mengaji' lessons 5 days a week and she has Maths and Bahasa Melayu tuition every Sunday and Tuesday mornings.

I am quite happy with what God has given us, alhamdulillah...

No comments: