Sunday 8 June 2008

Picture taking in Khartoum

As I mentioned earlier we have to make an entry visa if we ever want to get out of this country. Another requirement is passport photo. In the midst of our hectic preparation in KL, we have forgotten to do that. So, here we are in Khartoum without the important photos.

My husband suggested taking it in the Afra centre, the biggest shopping complex in Khartoum... Heheh, my friends would know that the mere mention of a 'shopping complex' would start me drooling with excitement. When we went there, the photo shop was closed but they do have a Fuji kiosk. We asked the man and he said he could take our pictures...Yippee... Here comes the funny part...

He asked us to follow him and like idiots we followed him into...not a studio, but a jewellery store. He used the jewellery cabinets as the backgrounds, to our horror and embarrassment. Another frustrating thing was that, his camera was out of battery, after countless running back and forth to his booth, I offered the use of our camera. Finally, we got the pictures printed. I can tell you that it was not professional at all, but since the authorities didn't really care with the outlook, we just gambled and it was accepted...heheh... In my next post, I'll tell you about the "mall"...

No comments: