Sunday 13 July 2008

100 days in Khartoum

Well, well, what do you know? It's been a hundred days already since we first came to Khartoum. Not that long really, just over 3 months...but feeling-wise, it's been ages...hehehe...and I long to go back to Malaysia where I can gossip with friends and neighbours alike...hehehe, that's one of the things that I really miss actually, keeping in touch with friends and neighbours.

'Dah lama parlimen pokok mempelam tak bersidang'. That's what my husband used to call us, a few ladies with shared interests...hehehe. I really miss Kak Normah, Kak Arah, Hani, Ema, Ina, Kak Eda (my neighbours (Tmn Sri Rawang and BTP) and Sha, Shima, Zu , Farah, Kak Bai and Nisa (my workmates)...sigh...I wish I could gossip with all of you now...It's been lonely here. Luckily I have my SSP friends for company...hehehe...though my husband could kill me with the amount of internet prepaid that i've spent.

Anyway, back to the 100 days report. All I can say is that it has been interesting, living with my family in a totally different setting. We've learnt so much about relying on each other and having fun as a family unit. I've learnt that I really couldn't teach Aliah (lack of patience...sigh), and potty training Hadi has been hell...that's another story all by itself...hehehe. But, what's important is that we are happy (most of the time) and the kids do not miss Malaysia as much as me...hehehe...and I've learnt to cook (of sorts), just to keep the family alive...Nora, I'm still a survival kind of cook. I think that's all for the first 100 days, there'll be more days to come...sigh...

2 comments:

salmuhd said...

Salam,
Good morning from USIM language lab DJ again...he..he..he..I dread thinking about staying oversea, safety and food..food...particularly if we get posted in the third world country! Wonder how you can survive there..
I just checked the latest staff attendance for today, guess what, only 11 persons from my department (all are office personnels) have clocked-in until 8.30 today. Wonder where the rest of my colleagues are. One downside of working in USIM is that I have to clock in and out and thumb print in and out! Sometimes I think of having a wax finger or some kind of it as long as the biometric system can read my finger print. Boleh ka orang IT, Adik Oii???!But one really good thing is, the bosses are so so nice and understanding, unlike my ex-bossess in IIUM who constantly make stupid decisions and intimidate subordinates with all sorts of threatening repercussions.So ,here, everyone's busy moonlighting here and there. that could be one reason why I hardly see people now. Me on the other hand, have temporarily stop doing it....offers are a lot and payments are really tempting. But, what can I do? There are so many things to focus on now. I'm sleepy now, last night had to help Alang finishing his summary assignment. That's me now, when he go for courses or work on reports,and have assignments, I too have my slices...huh!

Ina said...

Mi,

I didn't know you read all the old postings as well...hehehe... Jgn la pegi oversea cepat2 sangat... tunggu la 'big news' from adik... wink*wink*.
When r u due? Kak Ina dah lupa...