Monday 14 July 2008

Hadi and his first 'mengaji' lesson...

Arghhhh...I'd better scream it out of my system. I had just spend 25 minutes trying to coax Hadi to start his first 'mengaji' lesson. FYI, Aliah has an ustazah to teach her the Iqra' and since she's finished with Iqra' 6, I thought that it is time for hadi to start Iqra' 1. Aliah is currently rereading her Iqra' before starting al quran.

Today, the ustazah finally came after an absence of about a week (due to illness). He started screaming and refused to stop watching TV. Okay, after finally managing to subdue him and taken him to their room to start the lesson, I thought everything would be fine. Then, Aliah came out saying he's crying and refused to read. I asked him to stop crying and he said he wanted his transformers book.

I tried to find it but it was not there. Okay, I resorted to giving him his 'jetfire', but instead of reading, he was playing with his toy. That was definitely the last straw for me, I flipped and ordered him to read. He managed to sobbed the first page through and it took him less than 2 minutes. It was definitely tiring, plus the fact that Aliah was trying to be 'very helpful' by teaching him herself...sigh...

Afterwards, when I asked him why he cried, he admitted that he was scared...that's just like him to kick and scream first before trying anything new...sigh...and the fact that all that hassle had woken Amir from his nap...sigh...

2 comments:

nora muhammad said...

give him a break hehehe....

Ina said...

Nora, ko tak tau betapa tensionnya aku tadi...isk,isk...hehehe