Friday 3 October 2008

The casualty of the day...

The kids were busy playing all day. Boys would play in Hadi's room while girls would play in Aliah's room. Well, accidents happen anytime, anywhere, right? Well, it happened to our beloved daughter this afternoon.

When the last guests were still around, Midi's son told us that Aliah's hand was bleeding...okay... I went to see her in her room, sure enough, her middle finger on her right hand was bleeding. But the worst part was that I could see some 'flesh' on the finger (you should know that I'm not going to spare you all the gory details). It seemed that it was a freak accident, when she was in a hurry to close her door, the middle finger got caught in between. The nail was blue, so I gather that there's some blood clot and she was in pain.

But, I was very proud of my daughter because she didn't scream in pain, if not I wouldn't have been able to calmly assure her that everything's alright, but she needed to go to hospital for a doctor to look at the finger and get some pain killers to ease her pain. Her father accompanied her to hospital and came back with some hilarious tales.

My husband said that at first she didn't want any injection (pain killers) but when she calmed down enough, decided that she'd prefer to have the jab on her arm rather than her butt... heheh. I could imagine her whimpering all the while... even the doctor smiled when she said, 'I hate my life' (at home she said she wanted to go back to Malaysia...hehehe). After the injection on her butt, she kept on trying to look at the spot because she said the needle left a 'big' hole on her butt... hehehe, yeah, right...

They had to wait so long beacause they went to the hospital when the staff were having their break for eating...sigh... It's a sudanese hospital after all... Anyway, after an x-ray was taken, it was confirmed that the tip of her finger was fractured/broken a little bit but nothing could be done about it. So, they bandage the finger and put it in a sling. They came back about 7.30 pm... Poor Aliah, she was tired when she arrived home and said that the sling reminded her of Pak Yang (when he had the broken hand last year).

But she perked up a bit when she discovered that she can now watched her cartoon programmes... she tried her luck by asking for some 'super ring' and chocolates. When she realised that we would have given her anything at the moment, she was a little bit smug... I could read her like a book, you see... hehehe

Anyway, she's playing the 'queen' at the moment and I have been rendered good enough to 'serve' her majesty, the queen. I am at her beck and call (tuck her in, scratch her back, get everything she wants (food, drink...whatever...)) We'll see how it goes tomorrow because she has managed to wheedle a promise to go to the ice-cream parlour from her father tomorrow (see how clever she is?)
Just got back from hospital...

Could still smile cheekily...

The x-ray of the finger

I just want to share a horror story with you. Right after the first two pictures were taken, Amir (being the curious little devil that he is), pinched Aliah's injured finger not once but twice!!! I was horrified but couldn't do anything as he was too fast for us both. He just look and grabbed the bandaged finger... I think he just wanted to touch the bandage for himself. I think Kak Long really need to keep as far away as possible from Amir... sigh...

On another note, tomorrow would be the 40th day my brother left us all...I hope he's at peace... al-fatihah...

2 comments:

Faradilla Rashid said...

Alahaiiiiii sian aliah ngan jari berbungkus nyer tu..... tapi still bole senyum dan posing....hehehehe
Mujur dia tak meraung sekuat2nya kalu tak mau maknyer lebih gabra kan...hehehehe

CubaTryTest said...

kak ina....siannya aliah...adik br bkk blog kak ina ni...lama tak baca....so skang dh ok ke jarinya?...mcm mana leh tersepit?...aduiii....