Sunday 26 October 2008

Hadi's potty training...

I am really happy to say that last tuesday (21st Oct 2008), Hadi finally finished his potty training. He went to school without pampers... The best thing was he asked not to wear pampers himself... Hehehe

Let me backtracked a little. Hadi turned four years old in march, but I couldn't manage to potty train him in Malaysia. The original plan was to finish potty training him before we came to Sudan. But with all the hectic preparation and arrangements that had to be done, I failed miserably. I tried, but being Hadi, which favourite word is 'No', it was an uphill struggle. In Malaysia, whenever we dressed him without pampers, he would pee every 5 minutes... sigh... My husband's theory was that the undergarment was making his 'little member' very ticklish... huh?!! I truly don't know.

When we arrived in Sudan, I spent the first month potty training him. He was a little bit better but the first two weeks was hell. When I asked him whether he wanted to go to toilet, he'd say no, but 5 minutes later he would be wetting his pants... sigh... Anyway, finally we managed to make him wear no pampers at home, but we still put it at night. Another problem was his inability to do the 'big one' on the toilet. He would wait until he's wearing pampers to do his number 2... hehehe

When we moved to the new complex, I gradually coaxed him not to wear pampers at home. He would only wear pampers at night and in school. Two weeks ago, we managed to train him not to wear pampers at night and at the same time do his number 2 in the toilet, yeah... and on the 21st, he asked me not to put his pampers on to go to school. I happily obliged, but waiting for him to get back from school was nerve wrecking. I was afraid that he would wet his school pants. But alhamdulillah, he got back dry but was really in need to go to toilet... hehehe...

At first, he said he would only go to toilet at home, and this worried me a bit... but one day he came back saying that he went to the school toilet... yahoo... But now, I have to be alert when I hear the toilet being flushed because I do not know when he'll go to toilet. I am not a control freak, just need to be sure that he washed himself properly before going out of the bathroom...sigh... I am really glad the 'battle' is finally over... Now, I'll have Amir's potty training to look forward to... Hehehe... I think I'll wait for another month or two before I start the 'programme'. Below are some pictures of Hadi.

Hadi and his siblings in our old house in Blok G...
As you can see, while the parents busy were unpacking, the kids were busy playing!

Hadi (You can see the stubborn uplift of the chin...)

On the first day of raya...

Hadi when he was smaller, very cheeky smile...

No comments: