Friday 3 October 2008

Fourth Day of Eid

Today was our turn to host everyone... after much 'hype' about the sate, everyone's looking forward to our open house, everyone but us that is... hehehe...

Last night was spent cleaning the house. I baked cookies while attempting to cook beef rendang. I borrowed from Sh. Najwa 2 packets of rendang adabi. I didn't know how it happened but half of a packet was spilled by Amir (onto his pyjamas)... Don't ask me how because it happened in a split second... I felt like putting him into the wok... hehehe, but I ended up sleeping with a rendang smelling baby last night...sigh...

Anyway, we woke up by 6 am and started cracking. We defrosted the sate kajang Hj Samuri, while heating up its kuah kacang and chilly sauce. It tasted okay... yeah! My husband went off to Asia Briyani to get our order of chicken and mutton briyani at 9.30 am. Luckily, Aliah's ustazah came about 9.45 am to help with the preparation. By 10, I started panicking because my husband's not back yet, we're yet to pick up all the servers in block B and the kids were still sleeping.

I think I'd better not bore anyone with the details of the mad rush of trying to get everything done on time... hehehe... by 11, I was only half-dressed when the first guests came. Sh. Najwa and Syed Marzidi was roped in to help serve the chicken curry, thanks guys... The next guests were Ezalman and Shikeen... by that time everything was in order and the eating began in ernest!

Chicken and mutton briyani

The star of the show's definitely the sate...hehehe

Our first few guests digging in!

This is not the 'peak' period yet!

Notice the strategic position of the ladies?

En. Mahmud Hisham's enthralling tale?!!

By 11.30, we discovered that we have more than enough food to feed an army. So we called those available in block B and people from NADA. I didn't know that the house could fit in so many people but Allah is Great... it did! Alhamdulillah... We were so noisy, I think the whole building could hear us... hehehe

When the gentlemen had to perform their friday prayers, the ladies opted to stay longer and had an informal 'meeting'... amid great roars of laughter, I might add... I think we had a great time because we hardly register the time... Only when my husband came back at 2 pm, the ladies excused themselves...hehehe

The second wave came at 2.30 pm. Block B residents that could make it include kak Yah, kak Zila and family, Masdiyana and family, Kak Faridah and family and kak Rafiah... thanks guys...

Everyone's laughing at some 'javanese' antics!
(Notice how Masdiyana was overcame by laughter...hehehe)

Ehsan and Amir (flat-out!)

Our open house was scheduled to end at 2 pm but I was glad that it was extended until 4 pm... Most of the sate was gone but we had lots and lots of briyani leftover... Then, I proceeded to 'feed the whole complex' by giving out packets of briyani to neighbours, ustazah and her friends, the Nada 'bachelors', cleaners, guards and even drivers... hehehe... Some of them were startled to see me (like that 2 cleaners who must have been wondering about the crazy lady who gave them food)...hehehe, but I was glad to be able to share Allah's bounty.

I am soooooooooooooooooo glad that it was over, now I would be able to enjoy other people's open house again... yippee! Next stop would be next door at 4 pm...

No comments: