Saturday 3 October 2009

We had guests...

On Monday night, we invited a few of my husband's friends for dinner. Actually, Mr Khoo wanted  to 'beraya' to our house on Sunday night, but we were going out to the Oversea's restaurant. So, I suggested that he should come on Monday. 

And since I planned to cook for Mr Khoo, we might as well asked Hj. Yaacob and Saiful who came back from Malaysia the day before and Che' Ku who came back on that day itself. At first, I just wanted to serve nasi impit and kuah kacang but later decided to serve nasi as well.

So, I cooked ayam goreng berlada, kurma daging, udang goreng and sayur campur plus nasi impit, kuah kacang and serunding...hehehe. I'm still not a good cook, so my kurma was a disaster...hehehe...

Anyway, they came before 8 pm and since I've fed the kids earlier, I just spent most of the time supervising their homework while my husband acted as the sole host. After dinner, they chatted a while and then left around 9.30 pm. I was actually amazed at how well Mr Khoo communicate in malay and how 'sopan' he was...hehehe. He even brought some 'buah tangan' just like any malay... Thank you, Mr. Khoo.

Gelak kat sape la tu...

A view from the kitchen...

Amir...

No comments: