Sunday 5 April 2009

It's been a year...

It's been a year since we first came to Sudan. We came last year on Aliah's seventh birthday which was on the 5th of April 2008. Today, she's eight going on eighty...hehehe. Truly, sometimes she bosses me around...sigh...

Last year, I came with very little expectation because I knew that I should not get my hopes up. But it turned out allright...alhamdulillah. The accommodation is better than expected, the facilities are okay. Even though, we don't have our own transport but the 'public' vans are aplenty. The kids are happy at their school and they have plenty of friends to play with. 

Most important of all, I'm happy. I'm happy to be with my husband and my kids without the pressure of work. To tell the truth, I really do not mind being a stay-at-home mom. Even though sometimes I feel like calling it quits especially when the kids are making me mad enough to shout the apartment down...sigh. But most days, I feel really happy, to be spending so much time when they're growing up. To see how my daughter's developing into a young woman and observing Hadi's progress in school. And I would especially cherish the experience of bringing up Amir, the baby of the house.

Being in Sudan also brings out the 'cook' in me. Well, not the 'cook' yet, but the 'baker' actually. Now I'm an inspired baker and my family would attest to that. I really like baking cupcakes and making other deserts. I'm also getting better at cooking the normal family meals but I still have problems with making curry and soups...sigh...

I'm not saying that the past one year was just one big happy memory. Definitely not! It has it's own ups and down as well. Losing my dear brother was the worst ever experience in my life. Even now I'm mourning his passing but slowly I'm learning to accept that maybe it's his time and maybe it's not my fault for leaving him back in Malaysia...sigh... Al-fatihah to Ayang.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to going back for holidays in Malaysia but I won't dread the fact that I'll have to come back to Sudan...hehehe. I have a 'social calendar' in Khartoum, remember?!! hehehe

And of course, being in Sudan made me write this blog of mine. It's an accomplishment for someone like me who is rarely committed to do anything. Writing makes my heart lighter and somehow reading other people's blogs also 'open' my view of the world. There are differences in the way we approach life but all are God's creatures, big and small, weak or strong. I'm also making friends in the blogging world which I wouldn't have done if I'm not in Sudan. So, Ya Allah, I'm grateful for what you've given me. Thank You, Allah...




3 comments:

nora muhammad said...

glad that u've discovered the enlightenment? inner peace? hehehe...well...life's a journey ina... n yes...that's the reason y i never stop writing...be it conventional diary or blog

Rohani said...

ina..sebelah FIL tak de ke..?semua MIL je...heeee

Ina said...

Dear Nora,

I'm truly hooked to blogging...thanks to you...hehehe


Salam Che Su,

Takpe la, takde kelapangan nak buat camne? Masa nikah nanti jangan tak datang pulak...hehehe