Thursday 26 November 2009

Ibadah Qurban 1430 H...

This morning, we performed sembahyang sunat Aidil Adha at the Laman Mesra Petronas. Many turned up to be together and I was glad that I went too... In one of the khutbah, I learnt that yesterday during wukuf was when Allah 'mengampunkan dosa dan membuka pintu syurga paling banyak sekali' in any given year. Wow, I didn't know that...Alhamdulillah, now I know...

My husband and me came downstairs without the kids because they were still sleeping. But after the prayer (before the 2 khutbah), Amir came down...still in his pyjamas. Kak Adik found him wandering around downstairs...hehehe. The weather was really nice, cool and breezy. Amir was shivery so I enveloped him in my telekung...hehehe. 

After the khutbah, I went to the playground area to have breakfast. This year, there's not much of a spread. There was nasi goreng, meehoon goreng and nasi impit and kuah kacang. Doesn't feel like raya to me... more like a birthday bash kind of food. But it was food nonetheless and we should feel grateful for that. There was quite a lot of guests but the food didn't look like it was enough for everyone. I found out that En. Kader was also responsible for the menu and the headcount... Kalau ye pun nak berjimat, idak le macam itu caranya... hehehe

After that I brought Amir upstairs to have a shower and change of clothes. Being Friday, people are rushing to the main event which is the ibadah qurban itself. This year, they're doing it behind Block A (which is actually right behind our house). We had the best seat in the house, literally. My kids, Amir and Aliah went downstairs to have a better look. Hadi watched from our living room and we witnessed the first qurban and I was really squeamish... 

This year, alhamdulillah, the total number of qurban increases. We have 9 cows and 48 khoruf. 20 of those khoruf are given to people outside of the complex to qurban while the rest would be done in the complex itself. Last night my kids kept their eyes fixed on the 9 cows because they were tethered at the back of our house. Hadi was worried when the cows were still not sleeping by 8 pm...hehehe

Last night, we went to Kak Siti's house for dinner. The food was really delicious. She cooked nasi briyani, spaghetti and also khoruf 'Kandahar' style... It was very well done and I ate a lot of the khoruf...hehehe. We came back only after 10 pm. Luckily I already cooked the nasi impit, kuah kacang and some kind of beef rendang (I still failed to make a good rendang...hehehe).

I'm sure by now you're wondering why there's no pictures...hehehe. Actually I lost my camera about two weeks ago...sigh. That's why I'm not very keen to blog about the current events...hehehe. I miss taking pictures and share it here...sigh. Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to all... Eid Saeed, everyone! 

1 comment:

just me said...

dun get discouraged le, sometimes words can be more powerful than pictures. anyway, u hav got an excellent reason to grab a better camera :)