Tuesday 10 November 2009

Petronita's Farewell...

On Thursday, the 15th of October, Petronita's Social and Fundraising Committee hosted the Farewell party for several Petronita members who's going back to Malaysia for good. It was also a good platform to introduce several new members who just came to Sudan. 

We welcomed Liyana (Fateh's wife), Nadia (Hasan's wife), Nor (Bukhari's wife) and Yana (Ali's wife). Those going back were Kak Zainon, Faridah Hashim, Lin, Fuziana and Rahimah. Those leaving had to make a speech...hehehe. For the life of me, I couldn't remember what they said...hehehe, but I do remember Kak Non with her fashionable pin tudung...hehehe

I even forgot to take pictures of the spread which include laksa sarawak, nasi impit, rendang and kuah kacang (It was still Raya then, remember...)

I was so busy with the preparation of the kenduri, actually. All the meat came from al-Jazar in the early afternoon. But we just remembered that in order to make gear-box soup on the Thursday night, we had to start boiling the bones before maghrib. My husband was so busy in the office, he had to stay back while I had to hold the fort on my own!

Luckily, Ipin and Hj. Ayob was on hand to help. But, Ipin got so frustrated with me because I was nowhere to be found! (I was at the farewell party, remember!). Finally, I soothed his nerves by making sure we got the 'right' pot, the 'right' meat and the 'right' stove...sigh. To tell the truth, that was the first time I saw Ipin 'annoyed'...hehehe. Well, for someone who's used to handling pressure, I took it in my stride...muahahaha. How? Just buat 'bodoh', I tell you, it worked! Hehehe... 

Amir begging Kak Liza to cut the choc. cake...

Look, how grateful he was with Kak Liza...hehehe

Cantiknya sulam baju Bawang...hehehe

Liyana introducing herself...

Rahimah sharing her 5 year experiences...

Kak Non was giving her speech, Kak Zila?!!

Patut la Bawang lawa hari ni...hehehe

Fuziana's speech...

Kak Jas giving away the present...

Lin's speech...

Sebenarnya tak tau nak balik bila ni...hehehe

Faridah's speech...

Faridah's the current secretary...

Makan time...

Sembang plus makan...

So many of us, huh?!!

No comments: