Tuesday 10 November 2009

KAFA Raya Programme...

About a month ago, on the 14th of October, the Education Committee which organised the KAFA programme for the kids held a Raya celebration for the students. It showcased some sketches by the kids and parents were 'invited' to donate food for the event... (I know this post's a bit outdated but I finally have the time to write today...hehehe...sorry!)

I was quite busy on that day because believed it or not, I had to secure 50 pieces of chicken for the kenduri. How? Ina Sakinah saw the chicken van who sold the chickens to the cafe and called me. I went downstairs and when I discovered that they're selling the chickens for sdg 13.50 per kg, I just grabbed 50 pieces... If not, we had to buy all those chickens at souk Bahari. The only problem was where to keep all those chickens?!! I called all the ladies to come and keep the chickens in their freezer for 2 days...hehehe

After Asar, I went to KAFA to watch the sketches. Unfortunately, Kak Long's turn was finished by then...sigh. She was singing nasyid supposedly...hehehe. For somebody who's not very fluent in Bahasa to sing would be quite funny...hehehe. Afterwards, we were invited to 'taste' the spread. It was a feast! There were so many kinds of food prepared by parents (I just had enough time to make cupcakes). Just look at the pictures. Enjoy!

Aliah and Nadia

The KAFA kids...

Bulatnya muka Kak Long...hehehe

Nadia performing...

Asma' and Kak Jas...

They're enjoying it...

The dessert table...

Kueh and such...

So many parents contributed...

Meehoon goreng...

2 comments:

Aina@Azila said...

Yummilicious....
Food food food... Notice that, Malaysian ladies abroad love cooking. That is why while i was at Abu Dhabi and Doha, i put on weight muahahahaha...

p/s: Raya haji just around the corner... ehem...

Ina said...

Dear Azila,

Memang betul... I yang kalo kat mesia asyik membeli je, kat sini kena masak hari2... Majlis makan2 pun banyak giler, pastu makan macam tak hengat... mujur la pintu kapal terbang tu still boleh muat lagi...hehehe