Monday 14 December 2009

Edufair 2009 : Silat...

After the Sudanese dance, it was our boys turn to showcase their talents in silat. Ustaz Yaacob was their trainer and they practiced for less than 7 days. When the boys came in, I already made sure the audience gave them a little bit of space.

We downloaded the song 'Semerah Padi' by M.Nasir and it was perfect as the background music. They were serious and managed to exude the solemness of silat. They performed silat gayung and they looked like malay warriors...hehehe. There was just one concern when somebody stepped on the wire and made the music stopped for a little while. Other than that it went smoothly. Yeay! Sally helped me took the pictures because there were just too many people crowding the tent...sigh. Thanks, Sally.

When they were performing, I was the one being nervous at the sidelines. Though I could still feel the proudness I felt on that day. Yes, I'm proud of them and I guess, I do feel patriotic. I'm proud of my country and my culture. I'm glad to admit that I am patriotic! I love my country very much though I loathe the politicians! Enough said...hehehe

In the beginning...

Fikri (in black sampin) was the focal man...

One of the moves...

Can you see UM's booth in the background?

They were very serious... even Zahid...

They're just about to turn and execute some kicks...

warrior-like...

Finishing... a show of respect...

They're done! Yeay!

No comments: