Tuesday 4 November 2008

Cake Decorating Class

Cake decorating class? Some of you might ask... hehehe... knowing me who can hardly cook, let alone bake?!! But it's one of the activities Petronita had lined up for us. It's on voluntary basis because you have to pay a token amount to join. At first I wasn't interested but considering that Najwa's teaching (it's practically next door and I was curious what was all the hype about!), I put my name down. Due to overwhelming response, the ladies had to be divided into 2 groups.

So, on the 3rd of November, I went to Najwa's house with an open mind and I was so glad that I did. It was hilarious fun... hehehe... somebody said it's playdough group for adults. Najwa was clear and very helpful with all the handy tips. I think in KL, we would have to pay thousands for the knowledge of cake decorating.

We learnt how to make buttercream icing. We were also introduced to the decorating tools such as piping bags and coupler (this word had me smiling to myself...hehehe). For someone who had never touch all these things before, it was fun learning about the variety of products available. It was a hands on class, so each of us had to learn to use the variety of tools, practice with each one and then decorate our own cup cakes... hehehe... The class was noisy with the likes of me around... Most of us never had the experience so it was great to be able to giggle at our own lack of knowledge and we certainly were not afraid to ask... hehehe, hence the bursts of laughter (this happens very often...) Enjoy the pictures...

Kak Yah had to mix the colour green...

Kak Roza had to mix the colour black, Kak Faridah pink...Look at the concentration...

Najwa demonstrating how to 'write' on a cake... anak2 murid terteleng2 kepala...hehehe

Some of the decorated cup cakes...

Concentrate Syikeen, jangan tak concentrate...

This is my own... I love the yellow ketupat... the face is Aliah's of course...

Near the end of the session, Amir was really cranky... he was crying and he wanted to eat all the cupcakes...hehehe... I had to sit away from the group until he fell asleep in my arms. Only then, I could rejoin the group...sigh... we finished about 12. I wanted to give the cakes for my kids as a surprise...well, for Aliah actually... She loved it of course. Then, she had a fight with Amir about who gets the pink one... sigh... Amir won of course, leaving her crying...hehehe. Anyway, my husband got Aliah's face. At least they have one each. Not to bad as the first attempt, huh?!!

Look at her face, just like a cupcake... hehehe
This is how she looks after school everyday (unbutton shirt, dishevelled hair etc...sigh)

5 comments:

nora muhammad said...

ina it's so the lawa!

Ina said...

Nora,

best giler belajar, cam budak2 tadika... hehehe... next month belajar buat royal icing and roll out icing pulak...hehehe

Abdul Rahman said...

ina wah cam ni boleh buka kedai kek hehehe..........

Ina said...

Man,

Nak bukak kedai kek idak ler... setakat nak makan sendiri ok kot...hehehe

nora muhammad said...

i've got to learn dgn my niece aisey....