Wednesday 12 November 2008

Cooking class : Cakoi

The first cooking class that I attended was on the 21st of October. It was held at the Petronita room in Block B. The chef was Kak Zila.

When I first got the recipe, it says 'put everything together'... I straight away 'switched off'...hehehe. Well, I thought that's easy enough. Anyway, the class was full of people, there were about 20 of us and suffice to say that we had fun.

We watched the demonstration by Kak Zila. While waiting for the dough to rise, which was about half an hour, we chatted among ourselves...hehehe... after that, the chef and her helpers fried the cakoi and the rest of us ate them all up... I was fasting, but a kind soul gave me some to take home for my 'berbuka'... alhamdulillah, very delicious.

Am I going to make cakoi? It remains to be seen...at least I have the recipe now...

We were laughing at something Kak Zila said...hehehe

The rest of us, watching very intently, while Najwa is questioning the chef...

The final step, frying the cakoi...

2 comments:

nora muhammad said...

cakoi is the same as donut, so i think u should be able to do it la ina...if u can do cakoi insyaallah u can make bread.

Ina said...

Dear Nora,

Kalau camtu aku kena la jugak try buat cakoi dulu nampak gayanya... Patut la diorang kata boleh pintal2 buat roti dough tu... aku cam blur je la kan...hehehe