Friday 14 November 2008

My moussaka, vol-au-vent and lasagne...

I'm sure some of you would smile when you read the title...hehehe... yes, I did make all of the above, not on the same day, mind you...

I made moussaka on the very day of the cooking class (10th of November) for dinner. I did warned my husband beforehand and I think he thought the worst. Luckily it turned out all right and as a cheese lover, my husband loved it. He even asked when we're going to buy aubergine again?!! Since I didn't have french bread to make garlic bread, I used sandwich bread to do it. From scratch okay, there's no such thing as a garlic spread in Sudan... sigh...The kids loved the crunchiness...Sweet, sweet success...hehehe... My moussaka's did not look as presentable as Kak Roza's though... (and I've forgotten to put oregano and tomato slices...never mind, will do so the next time).

My moussaka and garlic bread...

Yesterday I made seafood vol-au-vent. Even though Kak Roza used chicken and prawn, I modified it and used tuna, prawn and crab sticks...thoroughly seafood. Yeah, it tasted yummy!! Well, if I may say so, myself...hehehe. The best thing was my crispy puff pastry. I had an idea how to make a 'hole' in the pastry... So I cut it into 4 squares and made a small 'hole' using the cap of a bottle (the kids' medicine bottle actually)... And when it puffed up, I just need to scrape a little bit at the top to make a 'hole'...yeay... with it, I could stuff lots and lots of filling inside... very delicious... the more the merrier, right?!! Look at the pictures...

My seafood vol-au-vent...

From up close...very creamy right?!!... ambik bakul, angkat sendiri...hehehe

On the same day I made my first lasagne. I've been meaning to learn how to make lasagne for ages because my husband and I love it... But until yesterday, I'd never had the courage to try it. But since Kak Roza said the moussaka's beef sauce could be modified for lasagne, I was intrigued enough to try (plus the fact that I also learnt how to make the white sauce...). What can I say, it was a success even though I did not have enough cheese for the topping. Even Aliah and Amir loved it...alhamdulillah... This is definitely not my last attempt!

My lasagne... brimmed with beef sauce...hmmm

Note to my husband, ' How are you going to 'diet' with all the eating that we're doing? I think you'd better stop taking herbalife coz it's not working...hehehe... If you want to continue dieting, do you want me to stop cooking???!!! Hehehe... I'm only glad to oblige...wink*wink*'

1 comment:

farah kareena said...

kak maz,

kalau mcm ni, i pun nak duk sudan with u cheeseLovers...

he he he he..btw, ure kids looks adorable...