Monday 17 November 2008

My potato-au-gratin...

Last Saturday, I made potato-au-gratin... My husband insisted that we googled the recipe on the internet because he missed the Deli France version in KL...sigh... I've never tried it before. For those of you who're not very sure what it is, it's just a fancy French name for a potato dish... hehehe...

Anyway, making it couldn't be simpler. I sliced the potatoes and boiled them for 5 minutes. Then, put it in layers (with onions in between). Season with salt and pepper and then pour the white sauce on. Baked for 20 minutes and voila!!! Your potato-au-gratin would be ready. You can eat it with grilled fish, any meat (chicken or beef etc.) or you could just eat it like that. Being a lazy mother like me, I just fried some beef burgers and everyone except for Hadi loved it... yummy... I'm definitely going to make some more, soon, I think...hehehe

I would like to apologise because lately this blog is swamped with a lot of my cooking trials... I'm truly sorry, it's just that once I learned how to make the white sauce from Kak Roza, I have so many ideas on how to make a lot of western dishes...hehehe... Anyway, just look at the pictures...

Layers of potatoes and onions, seasoned...

The finished product... emm, quite delicious actually...hehehe

2 comments:

farah kareena said...

mmmmm kak maz,

looking so the sedappp.....
slurrrpppssss

he he he

Ina said...

Karee,

You can always 'visit' delifrance... or kalau nak makan banyak buat sendiri... senang giler nak buat.. heheh