Sunday 2 November 2008

Cooking Theraphy

I just finished making two tiramisu... yeehoo... the first ever in my life (by now people should know that prior to my stay in Khartoum, I rarely cook...hehehe)... The craving for tiramisu started when Syikeen brought one to my house on the 25th of October. Aliah started eating it and found it very delicious... and Amir of course...

Then last week, kak shidah gave us a few slices. The two of them (plus me...hehehe) finished it off without leaving my husband any morsel. But I forgot to 'hide' the plate from him... hehehe... So, in due time, he discovered our selfish act and demanded his share. So, last weekend I went to Marwa and bought the ingredients. When Syikeen gave me the recipe, she laughed at me because I bought the wrong biscuits... hehehe... I was supposed to buy lady finger biscuits, instead I bought biscuits with the brand 'finger'... hehehe, close what?!!! But do not worry, all is not lost, Amir loves the 'finger' biscuits... He'll have to finish all six packs...sigh...

This morning, I was supposed to go shopping with all the ladies, but there was a communication breakdown, I was left on my own... well, with Amir of course... But, being me, I decided to go and book my own van and off we go to Marwa (to get the 'right' finger this time...heheh). I did go to Friendship Hall and met the ladies there. I didn't buy anything though because it was the same things like during Ramadhan. Actually what put me off from buying is the fact that it was more pricey this time round. So, after 15-20 minutes, Amir and me made our way home.

What better way to while my time away other than making tiramisu... Hehehe... Syikeen, I followed all your instructions to the latter (well, except that I didn't put in fresh milk in the whipping cream...). It looks delicious but I'd have to wait a few hours (for my husband to come home...sigh) and taste the end product.

I think the next time I make this, I'd better have Aliah around. I really need her help in licking the leftover cream... yummy... finger licking good...hehehe. I'll add the pictures and the verdict later...

2 comments:

nora muhammad said...

wah wah so proud of u....i havent made tiramisu in hmm...3 years??!! n i'm very fussy so storebought tiramisu doesnt always means delish to me (even secret recipe, which is just an imitation of the real mccoy). by the way, since u've the time to kill, u can make ur own lady fingers. here's the link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ladyfingers/Detail.aspx

good luck!

Ina said...

Nora,

you want me to make my own ladyfingers?!! Nak buy ladyfingers pun salah...hehehe... Nak buat entah ler...