Thursday 28 May 2009

An afternoon at Batu Arang...

On the 17th of May, after Kak Normah's kenduri, I went to my uncle's house in Batu Arang. It's been awhile since I last saw them (more than a year, actually). My uncle or Pakcik Ee is my late mother's cousin. So his children and me are second cousins. We used to be very close but when I got married, we sort of drifted apart...

Anyway, two of Pakcik Ee's children are still very close to me (Yatie and Fuad). Fuad came to the house on Saturday to tell me about his brother's accident. Fadzil was involved in a motorcycle accident about 3 weeks ago, he was then discharged from hospital but still suffer from a broken leg and part of his scalp were also operated on...sigh

So, I took the opportunity to visit them on that Sunday afternoon. At first, I was a bit awkward but soon was made comfortable by everyone. I knew my uncle cared for me very much and I knew that he was really glad to see me again...sigh. I felt a little bit guilty for not seeing them as often as I could. Anyway, it was nice being among my own family again. Everyone was there, Pakcik and Makcik, their 6 children and their grandchildren...

My kids took the opportunity to bathe in their little pool and they had fun. The other kids were a little bit shy to be friends with my kids because they could hardly understand these ' mat salleh celup' kids...hehehe. My uncle's house was such an 'animal' heaven for Hadi. They had fish, chickens, a turkey and probably ducks too. A typical kampung style...hehehe.

We bid them goodbye before maghrib and I promised myself that I would go there again, soon. It has been too long...

Fadzil and his broken leg...

Pakcik and his grandkids...

Nuar, Bina and Makcik

They're having fun...

Kak long borrowed Yati's daughter's outfit...

Hadi's in his spender while Amir in his birthday suit!

Time to explore the balcony...

The turkey...

The fish pond, next to the pool...

Their turn to play in the pool...

1 comment:

Fasri said...

Mcm mana si Fadzil boleh accident? kat mana?

Anuar mcm mana masih business lagi?