Sunday 31 May 2009

Sending Mie off to Manila...

Warning! This entry's full of pictures...hehehe

On Sunday, the 24th of May, we went to KLIA to send off Salmiah (Mie) and family to Manila. They're going there because Mie's husband, Alang got an international posting to the Philipines. He's currently attached to the Foreign Ministry, hence the 'migration'...hehehe. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that Mie's my husband's cousin.

As usual, we woke up late and rushed to KLIA. I used the Guthrie Corridor Highway so we reached KLIA within 45 minutes. Their flight was at 12 noon. When I arrived, we managed to chat even though Mie was busy feeding her baby. Pah (her sister) was also there with her family. Alang's family was also there.

I arrived around 10.30 a.m. By 11.20, they were rushing to the departure hall, already. But, I was glad that I made the effort to be there. It's not easy for us to meet each other because we have our own life to 'manage'. I just want my kids to know that they have other close relatives from both sides of the family. 

To Mie, two years are definitely not long, it'll soon be over. Just take care of yourself and your family. Being far away from our family and friends will hopefully strengthen the bond for you and your family and learn to rely on each other for better or worse...hehehe... Being away from Malaysia would also make you realise how lucky we are to be in Malaysia and hopefully to appreciate it more. Good luck being the 'diplomat wife'! As Intan said, you'll have to 'control' the giggles...hehehe

p/s:  So, when can I start 'ordering' the pearls?!! Hehehe

Now, as I mentioned earlier, will be the pictures from our meeting in KLIA. Enjoy!

Busy feeding the baby!

Pah was trying to capture the atmosphere as well!

My kids...

Mie was still feeding her baby...

My kids and their first cousins...

Mie's son, Afiq was the handsome boy in black!

Sisters...

Alang's family members...

Pah and me...

Grandfather and grandson...

Mie kissing Amir...

Mie and her MIL...

The grandfather looked sad to see the grandsons go...

Mie and her family plus Amir...

The grandfather still with mixed feelings...

Mie's eyes had started to get red at this point!

Hugging her niece!

Hugging her sister, teary-eyed, of course...hehehe

Walking towards the departure gate...

With their family surrounding them...

Going off for an adventure!

Getting further...

And further...

Just a speck in the distance! I need a better camera! Sob, sob...

Pah and her family...

The girls will miss Afiq tremendously... Bye, Afiq!

1 comment:

Fasri said...

Selamat Jalan Mie and Alang.. don't worry sekejap jer tu, pejam celik dah 2 years, tau2 nak balik dah.. InsyAllah, kitorang sampai sana one day..

teary eyed? Nie semua satu geng dgn Mak su, Mummy and Mak Njang..

Dear wife,
You nak pearls boleh, tapi kena la
ada something for me as well.. one correction to the photos.. our kids with their second cousins actually as Mie, Pah and me are first cousins.