Saturday 29 August 2009

Dubai : Day 1

We woke up around 10.30 am and I prepared breakfast using our supply. The first place that we wanted to go to was the Ski Dubai inside the Mall of the Emirates which was very near our apartment. After zohor, we went there and the first thing that we noticed that the mall was huge! Hehehe...

First we head towards the food court for lunch. I ordered Indian food and was given something like a remote. When the food was ready the thing would beeped. I thought it was a very cool idea...hehehe. The kids had fast food of course. Another thing that I noticed was that food was expensive in Dubai. 

The 'thing'...

Next we went to the shoe mart to buy shoes for the kids. My husband and I also bought shoes for us because we thought that in order to enter the Ski Dubai, shoes were needed. The kids shoes doubled as their school shoes as well. Anyway, when we went to buy the tickets to Ski Dubai, we discovered that it was very expensive but the attire would be provided for us (jackets and boots). One adult ticket cost AED 90 and 80 for a child. 

I knew it was a bit steep but the kids were so excited and their excitement was priceless. We didn't buy any mittens for them because we thought that it wasn't that cold and their jackets would suffice. 

They're rearing to go...

When we entered the arena, we were hit by the cold temperature. It was -3 degrees. Soon my husband said that he couldn't feel his ears...hehehe. The area was not that big but I think it's good for teenagers and adults because they had skiing facilities. The play area for the kids was not that big. Though I believed they enjoyed themselves.

When we first entered... Amir kept on wanting to touch the snow...

One of her dreams realised!

Walking was a bit difficult...

My cute spaceman! hehehe...

We climbed up the stairs and we could see the slopes behind them...

Hadi...

Aliah...

Amir...

Within an hour we were already so cold that our teeth were chattering. We let the kids play for another half an hour then we decided to call it quits. Their faces, ears and hands were pink with cold...and I wish I could bring them somewhere to play in real snow...hehehe. Now at least Kak Long wouldn't be so jealous of me when she looked at my old pictures when I was a student...hehehe

As a momento...

They're beginning to get tired...

Kak long, satisfied...

From there we went to carrefour to buy some supply. Then we went back home and went to the swimming pool at the roof. They were so happy to be able to play in the water. After that I cooked them dinner and later we relaxed. The water in the apartment was so hot, even when we used the cold water, it was scalding hot! But we were lucky because the fridge was so huge that it could fit in all our stuff from the boxes, all the murtabak, pau, sotong balls etc. 

2 comments:

sha said...

Alia,hadi and amir.

Auntie sha jealous looking to your pics.Especially your mum and daddy...hehehe. best giler tuuuu

sha said...

Alia, hadi and amir.. auntie was so jeolous looking at your pics.emmmm best giler...