Monday 31 August 2009

Dubai : Day 3 (Part 1)

Before going to Dubai, I've done some researched about the attractions in Dubai, which were many. Too many for us to cover all. But the biggest shopping complex? It's a must see, obviously! hehehe. Even in one shopping complex, there were so many possible activities in Dubai Mall. I planned to visit the aquarium and also the water show in the evening.

With that in mind, we started our journey after zohor. The kids had already had their swimming session and a good breakfast. They were also excited to go to Dubai aquarium and underwater zoo. The tickets for adult was AED50 and AED30 for kids. The aquarium was a bit disappointing because I imagined it to be bigger and longer. It was just a short stretch, much smaller than the KL aquaria. But the underwater animals were numerous. 

Luckily Hadi didn't cry or anything. Maybe because he was prepared to be in an aquarium. But he was not that happy, either...hehehe. Kak long spotted a school of stingray and they were beautiful. The variety of sharks were also part of the attractions. I really wish that I had a better camera to do justice to what we've seen...sigh.

The beautiful fishes...

'Smiling' or 'frowning' stingray?!!

My family...

The tickets we paid for were also for the underwater zoo situated on the second floor. Though the aquarium was a bit small, the underwater zoo was more than made up for it. There were so many kinds of fish tanks among other things. When we reached the piranhas tank, I tried to put my hand in to the horror of my family. The kids screamed...hehehe

I loved the 'Finding Nemo' tank. It was so colourful. The spider crab were also awesome! Now I've why it was named as such. But for my husband and me, the whole trip itself was worth it because of the penguins! They're truly cute! To see so many penguins in one place was just worth the money paid for the tickets. 

We spent quite a lot of time in the zoo, especially when my husband insisted in reading all the signboards or information in every tank there were! Hadi was also quite happy because all the animals were in aquarium tanks to the left and right of him. Maybe he felt safer...hehehe. Just enjoy the pictures because they could describe better what we felt that day, pure happiness...

The entrance to the zoo...

The piranhas...

Arawapaima...

I've forgotten the name...

We could stand on top of the aquarium...a bit scary...

A lion fish...

My husband, inside the 'look out' space...

The 'Finding Nemo' tank...

Hadi, smiling happily...

The spider crabs...

Looking at the penguins...

They were really friendly...

Cute...

Beautiful, huh?!!

No comments: