Wednesday 19 August 2009

The longest day...Part 2

We made our move to Batu Kurau around 10 am and arrived around 10.30 am. On our way there, we encountered 4 wild hogs crossing the road. I had to apply the emergency brake to avoid them! 

When we arrived the marhaban group was still on. Ibu and baba Epul were delightedly surprised to see me. It was worth the all the effort to get to Batu Kurau. I thought I could get away as early as 11 am but since the food was not ready, I could only made my way around 11.30 am. 

I would like to thank Kak Arah for going with me to Taiping. Without her I definitely would get lost...hehehe. Enjoy the pictures.

The marhaban group...

The beautiful dais...

Ibu, delighted...

Amir, joining the marhaban...hehehe

Epul and Kak Arah...

Kak Arah and her sister...

We ate at the back...

Simple kampung dishes, delicious!

Gotong-royong...

From then on, I had to drive alone with the kids towards KLIA as my husband was due to arrive around 2 pm! Even though I was in quite a rush, but I did stop at the Kamunting prison to take a few pictures...hehehe. Now I know what Tukar Tiub was talking about when he mentioned places like Kuala Sepetang etc in his blog.

Kamunting...

The prison shop which sells the products of the prison...

Where the detainees lived for years on end...

I reached the Kamunting toll around 12 pm. I did make a stop at the Sg. Perak R&R to buy lots of fruits, mangosteen, mangoes, langsat etc. After that I had to stop in Hulu Bernam to wash Amir who fully 'utilised' his pampers...sigh...

I reached Rawang around 2.30 pm but since my husband didn't call me, I thought he was delayed. When I was driving along Guthrie Corridor, he called and I asked him to wait for us. I finally arrived at KLIA around 3.15 pm. The kids were excited to see their father...hehehe

After a late lunch, we went to my in-laws house in Taman Tun. We stayed there until maghrib.

No comments: