Sunday 9 August 2009

Kenduri Pak Alang Baguk

On Sunday, July 26th, I woke up the kids early as we need to be in Sabak Bernam for a wedding of one of my relatives. Before we went, I had breakfast first at Ema's house (pulut and sambal tumis ikan bilis...yummy!).

We arrived in my Pak Alang Baguk's house in Parit Tiga around 10.30 am. The marhaban group was about to finish and we ate straight away. It was a truly kampung spread with ikan masin, gulai lemak umbut, sambal belacan, pecal etc.  As a kampung girl, I truly love it! It beats the city style of nasi minyak, dalca and ayam masak merah anytime...hehehe
 
Umbut kelapa, ikan masin and sambal belacan...yummylicious!

Ayam goreng berempah and sambal taun temu

Pecal...

Pak Alang Baguk is my father's cousin so we're quite close. He looked a little bit like my father actually and shared the fear of hospital with my late father...hehehe. He's shorter than my father though. So, when he called a week earlier to invite me to his son's wedding, I couldn't refuse...sigh. He is also taking care of his OKU brother, Pak Usu. Normally when I'm in town, I would drop by his house and over the years we became close. Maybe one of the reasons because he knew my father very well and could tell me my father's exploits when he was young...hehehe

After eating, we quickly made our way out of the compound while it's still early. From there, we went to see my auntie in SPP, Perak and later dropped by in Sekendi, to see my mak ulong and my uncle. By 2 pm, we're already on our way back to Rawang. Enjoy the pictures.

Pak Usu and Mamud...

The dais...

Pak Alang Baguk and me...

Their house's surrounded by paddy fields...

Time to harvest...

No comments: