Friday 14 August 2009

My mission...

FYI, I received quite a large amount of money from my late brother, Ayang's insurance from Perodua. I've been thinking about what to do with the money, actually. I definitely want to sedekah on his behalf to the needy and for orphans. Well, what better way to do it... there's something like poetic justice here, from orphans to orphans... I'm planning to sedekah throughout this coming ramadhan, insyaallah. 

I also wanted to give some money to my uncle and aunties, just something for them from arwah. From my father's side, I have only one living uncle and ulong timah which is the wife of our late pak long. Even though she's not our blood relative, but she's been taking care of Ayang since our mother's death, since he was only four years old. So, she's more like a second mother to Ayang. 

On my mother's side, we have 3 aunties. Cik Jah in SPP, Perak (actually just across the river from Sabak Bernam...hehehe), Mak Ngah in KL and Ucu Basa in Jasin. The others were quite easily accesible except for Ucu Basa who was in Jasin. Alhamdulillah I managed to track all the five of them during my holiday.

Actually my brother, Mamud didn't know my plans. He was afraid that I was going to use his money...hehehe. I didn't. I just used my portion only. So the both of us went back to kampung on the 26th with a mission in mind. It was just our secret. 

Mamud posing with the money...

The first house that we went to was Cik Jah's house. We came unannounced so we were quite fortunate because Cik was at home. After some small talk, I gave her the money for her to do as she wish. It's just a little something from arwah, his last so to speak. Cik Jah cried a little bit when she remembered how arwah Ayang treated her and Mak Ngah for Mothers' Day Celebration in 2008. That was the last time she saw Ayang. We didn't stay long and before we took our leave, we asked her to keep it a secret from her sisters...hehehe

Cik Jah and her grandson...

From there we dropped by at Ulong Timah's house. Mamud called Cik Seman to come home...hehehe. He thought there was something urgent. He was at a kenduri actually but didn't stop to eat because he thought Mamud was in trouble or something...hehehe. Bagus punya anak2 sedara, luckily he didn't have a heart attack.

Anyway, I gave the money with a strict warning that it should only be used for good things and not to be used for gambling or anything bad. Both of them cried when they remembered arwah. My brother used to give them money when he went back to kampung. Even though my brother earned less than a thousand a month, but he always remembered those in kampung. I am so proud of him...sigh.

Cik Seman...

Ulong Timah...

The final part of my mission was to give the money to my other two aunties. They didn't know what we were up to...hehehe. Only when we were about to go home, I gave them the money. Of course they cried because they didn't expect it at all. I was really satisfied that my mission was successful. I told them that it was just a little something to remember Ayang by and it could help to ease their financial burden a little bit.

Mak Ngah...

Ucu Basa...

I got the idea to give out the money to my relatives from my friend Anne. I remembered what she said when I was still figuring out what to do when my brother passed away. She said it's always good to use the money to help the poor but it's also good to help those close to us first. I agreed that since I'm from a poor family, I'd better ease their financial burden first. At least now they could use the money for their preparation for Ramadhan and later Raya. 

Not to say that I do not need the money but I still feel that it's not my money. It's still Ayang's money and since he did not leave a family, I'll be the only one left to 'stretch' the pahala for him in his afterlife. Wallahualam...

Ya Allah, Ya Tuhanku, ampunkanlah dosa2 adikku dan golongkan lah dia dikalangan orang2 yang beriman...Amin...Al-fatihah.

5 comments:

oasis said...

thats a wonderful idea spring donating the money during ramadhan. Lagi banyak berkat.

edrina said...

Betul tu mak long, intan pun rasa bagus apa yg mak long buat ni.. Semoga roh arwah digolongkan bersama golongan solihin. amin. Al-Fatihah

Guru said...

amin.. semoga roh aruah bersama orang-orang yang beriman & beramal soleh

rozana said...

Alhamdulillah.. You're the most kindest friend that I have.. Semoga Allah terima segala kebaikan yang diusahakan.. The wealth and lots of money is the ujian for us too..

sha said...

Maz,

At the end baca ko punya MY Mission...aku pulak yg nangis....sedihhhh.
Proud to be your friend.

Aku sentiasa doakan kau sekeluarga dimurahkan rezeki dan sentiasa dilindungi Allah. Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas Ayang..aminnn.