Sunday 2 August 2009

Kenduri Ema n Zali : Part 1

Ema and Zali live just 2 doors away from me and I'm lucky because I've got good neighbours. We're quite close and of course when they're preparing for their kenduri on Sunday, I had to help the day before. 

So, on Saturday afternoon, Abg Mus (my next door neighbour) and me offered our help. But instead of helping, we ate first. In my defence, Ema offered me a plate of delicious sambal tempoyak! Hehehe... Both of us kept on replenishing our plates...hehehe.

Actually the 'real' work started at night. I helped the ladies by cutting the chillies. Man (another close neighbour) prepared dinner. Two of Ema's aunties and her mother were there and they're very friendly. Soon, I joined them making jokes. Soon, the men could only smile and shake their heads looking at us...hehehe!

I bought sate for everyone and we had a nice dinner. Man cooked fish with 'cili padi' and Ema cooked sambal tumis petai. Fuh! when you combine it with sambal tempoyak... I definitely enjoyed myself. It was fun because I got to spend time with my friends and neighbours. I couldn't remember what time I got home because I had to sleep early as I was 'summoned' back to Sabak Bernam for one of my relative's wedding the next day... Just enjoy the pictures!

Man was busy 'menumbuk cili api'...

Ema's mother on the stool...

Cut chillies...

Man finished cooking one of the dishes...

Sambal tumis petai... yummy!

Zali, Man and Abg. Mus...

Aliah...

Man and Ina with their baby...

Ema and Zali, the tuan rumah...

No comments: