Monday 17 August 2009

A long journey...

On the 31st of July, I made the journey to PNB early in the morning. I sent in the completed forms all in Mamud's name. And from KL I drove to Shah Alam to send another set of forms to Amanah Raya. Unfortunately we did not have the release letter from the motor company for one of Ayang's motorcycle. Even though I already paid in full but they did not give me a release letter so Amanah Raya could not proceed. A wasted journey, again...sigh...

On the way back to Rawang around 12 pm, we had lunch at Sg. Buloh OBR. I called Kak Arah telling her that we're going to Taiping around 2 p.m, she said she'll go with us as Mamud's not coming along. But since she had some things to settle, I said I'll pick her up around 3.30 pm. In the mean time, I just went home to relax as all the things we need were already in the car...hehehe.

Taiping? Hehehe. Actually there was a wedding at Batu Kurau on Satuday the 1st of August. But my husband was coming back on the same date as well. I really liked to attend the wedding because it was the wedding of Along, Epul's brother. Epul was Ayang's best friend, the one who brought him to hospital and the one who was there for him in his final hour on earth. His parents also considered and treated Ayang as one of their own. 

How could I not be there? I don't want the silaturrahim to be lost even though my brother's not with us anymore. If he's around, he'd be there, lending his hand, enjoying the occasion. But to drive from Rawang on Saturday and later pick up my husband at KLIA was a little bit daunting. So I planned to go a day earlier, spent the night in Taiping and drive back from Taiping around 11 am the next day.

So, I went to pick up kak Arah around 3.30 pm. We started our journey to Taiping around 4 pm after picking up several chocolate cakes. The journey was uneventful though we had to go through a terrible jam near Ipoh. I was quite happy though that we do not need to go through toll booth at Ipoh Selatan, we could just continue our journey towards the North, uninterrupted. 

Traffic jam...

Construction works...

Kak Arah was very familiar with Taiping as she's born there and had so many relatives living there still. By the time we arrived in Taiping town, it was already nearly 6 pm. We stopped at Seri Malaysia Hotel in the Lake Garden to pray Asar and we went to Traders Hotel to find out their prices (I googled this hotel because it provided free wi-fi!)...hehehe. But it was a bit far and quite pricey. 

So we decided to stay at Seri Malaysia. We got the family room with the swimming pool right outside our room. At first the kids were a bit skeptical about the hotel but when they saw the swimming pool, the literally jumped with joy! Hehehe.

Spritzer's factory at the bottom of Bukit Larut?!! There was a jirat Cina on the hills though... Dare to drink it?!! Hehehe

Caught this at one of the many traffic lights in Taiping town.

Look at them...

After maghrib, we had dinner at the stall in the compound of Seri Malaysia. We were fortunate because Kak Arah met a former colleague and he paid for our dinner. Yeay! After that we went to the night safari at Taiping Zoo. There were not many visitors there but the kids enjoyed it tremendously. We were quite lucky because we could see many animals to the delight of the kids.  All in all, I'm really glad I took the time to make the journey. Though I wish I had a better camera because I couldn't take good pictures inside...sigh.

The kids...

Kak Arah and the kids...

2 comments:

rozana said...

Best kan zoo Taiping. Next time try daytime. Train tak yah nak bayo2-3 kali. But the best still zoo Melaka.Animal show dia best!! Hadi mesti suka..

Guru said...

tak nak minum dah air spritzer tu la ina