Tuesday 11 August 2009

A trip to Malacca : Day 1

Actually, I planned to visit my auntie in Jasin, Malacca on Wednesday. So, I decided to spend a night in Malacca because a day trip would be too taxing as I was driving alone with three kids in tow. After the boys had their hair cut, I drove to Malacca. I started my journey from Rawang around 1 pm and arrived in Malacca around 3 pm.

A beautiful sports car we 'met' on the road...

I didn't book any hotel whatsoever in Malacca because it was a last minute plan and there were many hotels in Malacca. I always believe in the spirit of 'redah' and hope for the best...hehehe. I was aiming to stay in A'Famosa Resort and when I saw the sign board at the Simpang Ampat exit, I just follow the signs.

The compound of A'Famosa Resort was huge. I didn't know where to go and I just followed the sign board to the 'lobby'. I arrived at a golf resort and I was lucky because they do have a room for us. Yeay! I thought the water park was near but was told that it's quite far actually. So, instead of going to our room, I drove to the waterpark and the kids were ecstatic... 

Amir at the entrance of the waterpark.

A side show from the Safari nearby...

The waterworld entrance fee was quite steep. I couldn't remember the exact price but it was definitely more than rm30 (but it came with a meal so I supposed it was not that bad). After changing, we hit the wave pool and the kids were really happy. There were not many people so we had fun.

The waterworld was huge with many attractions, for kids and also adults. Unfortunately when we came, the kids adventure pool was closed for repair and I find the cleanliness of the pools a bit wanting. There were a lot of sediments on the pool floor and I feel that it's a pity to let the waterworld 'rot slowly'. From my travels, I always find that Malaysia has a lot of new and exciting buildings and structures, but in a few years, it'll lose its lustre because the lack of maintenance. Maintenance is not just for the occasion when something goes wrong, it should be done regularly and religiously! 

We were there for three hours! We only break for a late lunch (I had to force them to eat!) and then continue with playing in the water until they had had enough...hehehe. 

The wave pool...

Aliah in her elements...

Amir...

Hadi has also discovered his love of water...

Closed for maintenance...

Hadi sliding...

Kak long's turn...

There's also a sandy beach for 'beach bums'...

They had to share a float...hehehe

Amir, pretending to swim at the Arabian Village (very shallow water)

Amir fascinated with the 'camel'

They have so many 'creative' ideas...sigh

They think they're in a 'circus' ?!!

No comments: