Wednesday 16 September 2009

2nd day of fasting...

On the second day of fasting, I just cooked ayam masak kicap and fried vegetables because I still have the leftover curry. So, I had plenty of time to make kueh. 

A few days before Ramadhan, Ina taught me how to make sweet dough. So, I followed her recipe exactly...well, as I possibly could because I didn't have some of the ingredients like bread improver etc. I used the bread maker but somehow, I couldn't make it to change its programme. I was stuck with the setting to make a loaf. But I was determined to make red bean buns so I just took the dough out when I saw that all the ingredients came together as a dough...hehehe

I left the dough outside to become double its size. Then I tried calling Ina to ask what to do next, but couldn't get through. I called Kak Jas instead and she said I could do lots of things with the dough...and I did. I made red bean buns, kaya buns, even nutella buns...hehehe. But putting in the filling was a bit tricky as I tend to put as much filling as possible (making some to crack...hehehe). When I'm tired of putting filling in, I just made them into balls and baked them...hehehe

The first batch was a bit too brown but the rest were not so bad. The taste was delicious...alhamdulillah. Since it was not a complete disaster, I'll definitely make some more in the future...hehehe

The dough...

The first batch...

Some misshapen, some cracked open...hehehe

When I'm tired of putting in filling...

Not bad, huh?!!

2 comments:

Guru said...

assalammualaikum

wah, lepas ni boleh bukak bakery la, ina ya...
saya mesti beli nya

Cik Kiah said...

Ina,
Recipe pleaseeeeee!