Thursday 24 September 2009

Sembahyang Raya...

Like last year, the sembahyang sunat aidil fitri was held at the open greens aka padang ...hehehe. Last year, I didn't join as Amir was too small. But this year I wanted Aliah to experience it, so I brought her along. I left Amir at home as he was still sleeping. Hadi was already awake, so I left him to be the baby sitter.

The prayer started at 8 am. Some of the Sudanese staff joined in the prayers as well, alhamdulillah. The khutbah was read by Ustaz Omar, a Malaysian student. The Malaysian Embassy staff also joined us as we're the biggest Malaysian community around. 

I was glad to see that almost 80 percent turned out for the prayers. After the khutbah, we took the time to 'salam' with each other. Even though our families are far away, we still have friends to celebrate eid together. I loved the feeling of solidarity...masyaallah. The best thing was that I was sure that all muslims everywhere in the world celebrated the end of Ramadhan together. Alhamdulillah...

The Petronas building...

Early risers...

The ladies...

My husband's on his way...

The men...

During khutbah...

Aliah...hehehe

Nani and Danish...carbon copy...hehehe

Khutbah...

It was getting hot...

No comments: