Tuesday 22 September 2009

Preparation for Raya...

We already knew that Raya would be on Sunday the 20th. So, on the 19th, we started the necessary preparations for Raya. The house needed cleaning etc. I tried cooking rendang... 'tried' is the key word here...hehehe.

Anyway, I managed to cook nasi impit, ayam goreng berlada, rendang ayam, rendang daging and kuih kacang. Frankly speaking, my kuah kacang and rendang ayam needed extra practice...hehehe. Well, luckily I was just cooking for my family...sigh

I've left the floor bare for the past week or so. This is to make sure that the maid could clean and mop the floor properly. The carpets were sent to the laundry to be cleaned. By 5 pm, everything was nearly ready...alhamdulillah... But boy, it was such a tiring day...sigh

Bare floor...

After it was mopped...

Amir 'trying' to help...

Trouble! the name...sigh...

The initial stage of the rendang...hehehe

What do you know? The kerisek came from my kampung...hehehe

The rendang daging... the later stage...

No comments: