Saturday 5 September 2009

Morning coffee...

Since the first day I came back, I've been involved in many activities, one after another. Even my husband was amazed...hehehe. When I came back, it was about two weeks before Ramadhan and I thought why not gave a gathering aka kenduri before Ramadhan. So, I started the ball rolling by having a discussion with a few people. 

I asked the opinion of a few people, namely Kak Jas, Ina and a few men such as Ipin, Hj. Yaacob and a few others. I even had the audacity to lepak downstairs and wait for Ipin to pass through the entrance while I waited for the van to send the kids to school...hehehe. The general consensus was really good, so we had a block meeting on Monday night.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that when Mazman went back for good, my husband became the warden for Block A...sigh... Anyway, during the meeting we agreed to have the kenduri on Saturday the 15th of August. They also accepted the suggested menu with an addition of sambal belachan, alhamdulillah. The objective of the kenduri was to welcome new members of our block, which were many as well as a farewell of a few OGP personnels and also a kenduri to welcome Ramadhan.

The next morning, Kak Jas, Ina and me invited the ladies for a morning coffee at Kak Jas's house. I only sponsored the chicken for rendang, fried the anchovies and boiled eggs...hehehe. Kak Jas made nasi lemak and sambal and Ina cooked the rendang. The purpose was to let the ladies know of the outcome of the meeting and also a get-to-know session. Actually since I was the last one to come back from Malaysia, I was the only one in the dark...hehehe

What Kak Jas prepared...

Some of the kueh...

Alhamdulillah nearly all came except for Liyana, Maziah (because of their babies) and  Asma. The rest turned up and we had a lovely time. I managed the introduction session and later reported the outcome of the meeting. The newcomers were a bit in the dark about how we organised things but I told them that they have to experience it first to get a grasp of the whole thing.

We decided to have the kenduri quite early, around 5.30 pm and we would also provide lunch for everyone. I divided the preparation for lunch into levels like level 6 cooked the rice etc. It'll be easier that way and more efficient. As usual Kak Jas, Ina and me had the market duty and all the preparation beforehand. I had to manage the coordination of events as well.

There were quite a few newcomers, Kak Rohana, Ina Wahab, Rina, Liyana, Zai and Kak Siti. We also missed the presence of Kak Rehana, Lisna, Kak Maznah, Sharifah Najwa and Rozie. I also met Nicky's baby for the first time, she's so cute...hehehe. I just hope that the addition of new faces would make living in Sudan more bearable and more colourful. 

Nicky's cutie...

Kak Jannah, Kak Erlina...

Kak Siti and Kak Hanum...

Enjoying the food...

During the introduction session...

Kak Shidah and Kak Hanum (in brown) might be leaving us this year...

I felt that the morning coffee was a success. We managed to get to know each other and I looked forward to have a wonderful time with the ladies in Block A. The more the merrier, insyaallah...

2 comments:

Guru said...

assalammualaikum

best nampaknya gathering tu...
bersembang habislah ya

nora muhammad said...

asyik makan je...bagus bagus...keep it up hehehe