Saturday 5 September 2009

Farewell at Chinese Restaurant...

We arrived in Khartoum on the 8th and on the 9th, we had a farewell dinner for one of GNPOC staff in Obersea, the chinese restaurant. I've never been there before but it seemed that GNPOC had several farewells there already, especially during summer.

We went there in 4 vans if I was not mistaken. The restaurant was actually situated in a housing estate. Maybe it used to be a residence but later renovated into a restaurant. We were ushered into a smaller, more private section. But the thing was it was definitely too small to fit everyone. The room was enough to have three tables but at least we needed another 2 tables.

The kids and mothers had to sit at the back with no air-conditioned and it was hot. Luckily I already fed Hadi and Amir at home so it was not that bad. For me? I'd rather sit at home. We were given leftovers from the table infront of us and after eating a little bit, I just walked out. I met Kak Jas and her husband about to eat. I selected another table to relax with Amir. I ordered a cold drink and sat there reading my book. 

The rest of the group had the speeches and prize giving inside. I had a nice time outside. Rather than 'glowering' inside, I'd rather cool myself outside. The food was not bad from the little amount that I ate. But if they wanted to have a farewell there again, I'd rather excused myself. I'm better off at home and if I craved chinese food, I'd rather go with just my family. What's the use of paying if I did not enjoy the food?!! The organisers should have seen how uncomfortable the families were, instead of concentrating on their own comfort! Gosh, I was really pissed off!

Anyway, my rating of the evening...F+

Amir payed with the toothpicks outside...

Not just one, but many...sigh...

The group photo...

2 comments:

xplorer said...

ha ha , tak tahu plak ada rating F+.Kalau F tu dah fail , F+ tu apa plak?

Ina said...

Dear xplorer,

F+ tu maksudnya lebih fail dari fail...heheheh