Monday 18 January 2010

The best soldier on earth...

Actually I was intrigue with a few signs that I saw around the military museum. The first one was taken outside of the museum and the other was seen at the statue of Sultan Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi.

Outside the museum...

Proclaimed on marble...

The statue of Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi...

Look at the sign...

They claimed to be 'The Best Soldier On Earth'?!! Well, I thought that was a bit too 'self-confident' on their part, to say the least. But when I came back, I mentioned that to Ustaz Umar and what he said really made me sat up straight. He said, "Memang la... sebab dalam al-quran telah tertulis ayat yang membawa maksud 'Pilihlah tentera kamu dari kalangan orang Mesir' or something to that effect".

Wow! I never thought that their claim was based on anything solid. How wrong I was?!! That also made me realised that I knew so little of what's written in the quran...sigh.

No comments: