Friday 8 January 2010

Happy Birthday to me : The best present...

While I was busy making myself a birthday cake, I managed to 'persuade' my husband to cook for the whole family...hehehe. But after friday prayers, he was called to a meeting and did not get back until 5.30 pm. I thought I would have to make dinner after all.

But when he got back, he was ready to cook. This came from someone who did not cook for at least 15 years, since his students days. He even let me off to play badminton with my friends. Yippee! The menu was simple, ayam goreng berlada, kangkung belachan and scrambled eggs with chillies.

When I got home (to the smell of fried chicken), dinner was nowhere near ready. I volunteered to help but my husband was adamant to finish what he started. My kids were impatient and cried of being hungry. That was the added pressure for my husband...hehehe

After Maghrib, dinner was finally ready. Well, what can I say, it was delicious... especially when I'm not making it...hehehe. Thank you dear husband! During dinner he told Kak Long that he used to make simple food when he was a student to the kids' astonishment. He complimented himself on the food, of course... hehehe... Lantak la... But it was definitely the best birthday present in a long time (p/s: Until NekkRock started taking new orders, that is...muahahaha!)
Tumbuk, jangan tak tumbuk!

Guna lesung batu, beb!

Kangkung masak belachan...

Telur hancur...

Ayam goreng berlada... our favourite!

Well, all in all, I had a beautiful birthday this year. Thank you everyone. Love you all...muahs!

5 comments:

edrina said...

Happy Birthday Mak Long!!! Sama bday ngan Qaireen rupanya.. wah caya lah ayah long fasri masak.. ayam goreng berlada tu nampak mm yummy lah ekekeke.. clap clap clap ayah long!! ehehehe..

mak long, beg coach lagiks kah? *wink* :-)

just me said...

Happy Bday kak Ina, moga panjang umur n tambah bahagia. tahniah ayong! caya lah ayong ni.

xplorer said...

happy birthday kak ina

Lee said...

Hello Ina, Many happy returns of the day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
A birthday is just another 365 day trip around the sun, so enjoy the trip.

You just stay young, stay beautiful and keep that light in your heart burning bright....and pass that plate of rice and another big spoon of that delicious kangkong belachan, ha ha.
Have a great weekend, Lee.

Unknown said...

HAPPEE Belated BIRTHDAY MAS, semoga panjang umur dan dimurahkan rezeki, sihat dan bahagia ok. Love to all the kids ok. We missed you all sooo much !! Ada gaya lah Fasri masak...lain kali leh buat lagi ek...