Friday 29 January 2010

Egypt : The Glass boat experience...

The night before, we decided to go to see the fishes and the corals in a glass boat. It was not that expensive, around LE35 per person. So, around 8.30 am, we started our journey...in a small jeep! Yep, it was a very small jeep. I was afraid that it would topple when we got in...hehehe

They were excited...

Junaidi's family in another jeep...

When we arrived we saw the boat and everyone was excited. The view was so beautiful but I was busy taking care of the kids and did not take many pictures...sigh. Inside, we could see glass partition where we could see the bottom of the sea. We sat surrounding the glass and the captain steered the boat towards several area full of fishes and beautiful corals.

Hadi was busy trying to identify the fishes...hehehe. One of the corals I remembered was the brain coral which looked exactly like a brain. Apart from the numerous fishes, I also saw many sea cucumbers. I wish I had a better camera...sigh, but I do feel grateful that I could see many Allah's beautiful creatures up close.
Kak Faridah's family...

We were about to move away from the jetty...

Small fishes...

Beria2 Kak Faridah...hehehe

Having fun...

The 'brain' coral...

So close to the corals...

I felt a little bit sad because I saw several fishing lines that destroyed the corals. Actually I felt that the boat was too close to the corals also...sigh. It was also sad to see that many dead corals lying on the sea floor. Anyway, I felt that the kids enjoyed themselves tremendously, especially Hadi. It was definitely worth every penny we spent...hehehe.

No comments: