Saturday 23 January 2010

Egypt : Hamam Firaun...

Our next destination was Hamam Firaun. On the way there I was so excited because I could finally see the Red Sea. Yeay! In my mind, the place must be quite established because it had existed for hundreds of years.

How wrong I was! When we arrived there was only about 2 or 3 other people. I thought Hamam Firaun would be something like the Turkish Bath... nope nothing similar at all. We had to climb some steps up to an entrance of a small cave. Afzan told us that it was used as the sauna for the pharoah. We did not venture further because we had small kids with us, not that they were afraid or anything. It was the parents who were cautious.

As we enter the cave, a strong smell of sulphur hit us. The temperature was also warm, the longer you're inside the hotter it gets. Kak Faridah and Farhana were brave enough to crawl in another little cave to experience the sauna. Me? Nope, I was more interested with the Red Sea. It was beautiful. I wanted to go and play with the water but there were a lot of sulphur residue around the area.

I just enjoyed the view while watching out for the kids who were exploring the area.
Scrambling up the steps...

My husband with the kids...

It was hot inside...

Our guide, Afzan...

It was low, we had to bend down...

The kids started exploring already...

Going down...

I wish I could get to the sea...sigh

The sulphur residue...

Kak Faridah and Farhana...

1 comment:

edrina said...

syok & bertuahnya mak long & family dapat gi tempat2 ni semua.. paling tak tahan tiap kali tgk muka pak long fasri hak hak.. letih benor nampaknya keh keh..

oo ayah ngah faisal pun nak dapat 4th baby.. hehe..dia nak kejar intan tu haha..