Thursday 7 January 2010

Egypt : Masjid Hussein...


Masjid Hussein...

From Masjid Al-Azhar, we crossed the road using the underground passageway and walked towards our next destination, Masjid Hussein. It holds the tomb of Saidina Hussein, the son of Fatimah and the grandson of Rasulullah s.a.w. He was killed in Karbala and only his head was inside the tomb, if I'm not mistaken.

There was a separate entrance for ladies but I opted to stay outside and took care of the kids. Only my husband and Afzan went in. Masjid Hussien was actually under renovation (that's why you could see the scaffolding outside). The area surrounding the Masjid was quite beautiful and well-kept.

The entrance for men...

Muslims reciting doa at the tomb...

Beautiful structure...

The masjid...

The surrounding area...

I also got my first peek at Khan Khalili Bazaar, which was very near Masjid Hussein...hehehe. But since we're planning to go on another day, I just enjoyed the view.

After that, we went to Carrefour and bought some groceries. Well, just some cereal and bread for breakfast, eggs, oil etc. I also saw the small Asfour counter outside Carrefour, but it was quite expensive. Then we went home and that's the end of our first day in Cairo :)

1 comment:

Rohani said...

seronoknya..anak-anak..tak ingat tok dgn tokki ke??